Your organization’s donor data lives in a lot of places. It’s smart to use the best fundraising tools for the job, but you need to be able to analyze and query your data across tools and platforms. Our integration technology constantly monitors your data sources for new and modified data and then replicates that data to a secure data warehouse tailored to your organization's unique needs.
How It Works
We perform an audit of your fundraising operations to better understand the tools and systems in which your donor data lives. We'll be looking at:
- Your CRM platform and any add-ons or third-party apps you've installed with it
- Digital marketing tools used to send emails, text messages or online advertisements to your donors and prospects
- Credit card processing providers
- Systems used by third-party service providers (call centers, cagers, creative agencies, etc.)
We design the schema for your organization's raw donor data and build the data warehouse on a MemSQL server in our private datacenter.
MemSQL is engineered to deliver scalable SQL database applications that leverage stream data ingestion and breakthrough analytic performance on relational, JSON, and Geospatial data. This means you'll be able to use tools like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Looker to explore your data warehouse, create reports, and author real-time visual dashboards without worrying about performance bottlenecks.
We use cutting-edge data streaming technology (Apache Kafka) to build low-latency pipelines between all of your organization's donor data sources (from step one) and the MemSQL data warehouse. These pipelines acquire data using any of the following processes:
- Read-only Direct database access using SQL
- Read-only REST or SOAP API interaction
- Bulk export API interaction
- Perpetually-monitored FTP-prompted ingestion
Access to your organization's data warehouse is IP-limited and requires dual-factor authentication. Administrators at your organization will be able to:
- Provide read-only, direct SQL access to new users
- Revoke access for existing users
- Limit the data sources that individual users can access
- Export data
In addition to granting the access above, DMI can assist with connecting any business intelligence and query tools to the data warehouse.
All data warehouses are continuously monitored for availability, resource capacity, and DDoS attacks. Additionally, phone and email support are provided during regular business hours.